1 year ago today Rhode Islanders against mandated HPV vaccinations partnered with the Center for Freedom and Prosperity held a joint rally in Cumberland RI, as the first public appearance of the stand against the mandate and to advocate for informed consent.
Many RI citizens showed to support the efforts of reversing the mandate and four legislators were there from the very start. Justin Price, Elaine Morgan, Bobby Nordolillo, and Blake Filippi. Sherry Roberts was not in attendance of the Rally but was vocal in her support.
What has happened since?
- #NOHPVmandateRI partnered with the Gaspee Project a 501 c4
- We held “Making Waves in the Ocean State” and had a wonderful event where Brandy Vaughan, and Toni Bark flew in to speak to us, and many local doctors and legislators contributed to the evening also.
- The petition has reached close to 3000 signatures and is still growing.
- FIVE bills were introduced in the 2016 legislative session to support the efforts that parents in this have been advocating for.
- Many new candidates running for office have voiced their support of the Rhode Islanders against mandated HPV vaccinations and that the mandate should be reversed.
- The RI Dept of Health decided to kick up their efforts ( we are pretty sure they have never been challenged to this degree before) to increase vaccination rates vs respecting parents right to choose for their families. So your tax dollars have been spent on direct mailing to minors and robo calls to homes to get the HPV vaccine this summer.
- The Awareness Campaign kick off this summer to counter the Dept of Health with informed consent, to be sure parents know the options they have a right to and both risks vs benefits without a one sided story. To hold legislators accountable that will not support protecting the right to make medical decisions for your child, especially ones that do not impact the classroom and should have nothing to do with attending school. YOU CAN HELP THIS EFFORT DONATE TODAY.
We have not stopped working and educating on this topic, and are excited to celebrate a year of hard work and dedication. Thank you so much for your support, whether you were with us from the start or recently joined. Our work is not over, and many more still need to know this fight is happening. Be sure to share with others, use social media, call your closest family and friends, forward an email from us, and especially donate to the cause. Donate $15 or more Now and show your state representative and senator you mean business.
Enjoy the photo memories from Aug 17, 2015 Rally
Do you want to be more involved? Do you have questions?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment here on the blog post.